Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sandhills in Columbia


IMG_4541.JPG
Originally uploaded by SJMeurett
"Magic Light" is so true, and I think there is a magic hour also when everything just looks so rich. So I've toyed with the idea of just hopping in the truck and driving around at daybreak lately. It's almost full light at 5:00am and I rise early, so that is no challenge. The cranes usually start in their calls about that time. This shot is from an old abandoned fox farm in Columbia, now just a weekend place for a retired CIA guy-it's in my (country) neighborhood and I drive by all the time. Pretty common to see deer in the field, but the cranes were interesting to shoot-not my camera of choice, but the little canon compact did alright. It's so true you always need to have a camera at the ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-The Year in Pictures

 The year in pictures or my favorite ones of the year.  A yearly disclaimer, these are my favorites blended with ones I feel are good images...