Saturday, September 25, 2010

2010 Flood

Wow.....in 28 years of living in the Neillsville area, I've only seen water like this once, the Fathers Day flood back in '93.  School was let out early Thursday and called off Friday.  Roads, even county hiways were closed because they were covered with water, or washed out.  Of all the water, the Black River was amazing-just the sheer power of it, and you really need to be standing near and listen to and feel it.  My camera did not do it all justice.
The Black River south of Lake Arbutus.
The Black River south of the Cty Hwy K Bridge
The Snyder Lake Dam, Wedges Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-The Year in Pictures

 The year in pictures or my favorite ones of the year.  A yearly disclaimer, these are my favorites blended with ones I feel are good images...