Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Focus

So one of our exercises was to photograph "the whole thing"....a scene or an area,  and then keep paringing it down, down, down to the most important elements.   I took a hike out into a swamp where some of the painters were working and I found an easel, box of scattered oil paint and a pallet waiting for the painter to come back.  I just kept moving in, pretty much ignoring the huge towering red pines above and focused on the color of the oil paint.  A quick switch to a close-up lens and I was able to get really close on the texture and color of the paint.  Simple, abstract, but I liked it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-The Year in Pictures

 The year in pictures or my favorite ones of the year.  A yearly disclaimer, these are my favorites blended with ones I feel are good images...