Monday, June 7, 2010

Kirk

So Kirk has been one of my closest friends since college-we met thru curling, when my team played his in Wausau and later in LaCrosse.  A weird story about that first La Crosse Bonspiel, but too long to get into now.  We next met when I transferred to UWL in the fall of '79- we were in the same painting class I believe.  From there, I joined the La Crosse Curling Club, then we became roommates for several years.  Bow hunting, art, motorcycling all were common interests and we just have always been great friends.  Twangfest has been going on for 27 years now and started as a weekend camping bow hunting gathering.  I'm pretty proud that we all still get together for it each November and I think Kirk gets more geeked up than anyone about it-his military costumes and reenactments illustrate it!

Last week I had the chance to get on the river with him and Lynn for a cruise and was able to get some cool eagle and GB heron shots (in an earlier entry here).  Also some of him and a required sunset on the river shot.  You just have to sometimes you know?  Looking forward to the next time we tip a glass and have a good laugh.

1 comment:

2021-The Year in Pictures

 The year in pictures or my favorite ones of the year.  A yearly disclaimer, these are my favorites blended with ones I feel are good images...