Monday, June 14, 2010

Blanche Grimes

I've been here before-just a few weeks ago, in fact.  I'm not sure why, but I stop by "Baby Blanche Grimes" grave in Columbia a few times a year.  It's known locally as the "Baby Grave" or in geocaching circles as "The Lonesome Grave."
Other detailed information on the grave site is located here: http://wvls.lib.wi.us/ClarkCounty/cemeteries/dewhurst/lonegrave/lonegrave.htm
Whenever I stop here, something is always changed-the toys, the flowers, jewelry, and perhaps that's why I stop.  If I'm riding mtn. bike, it's a quick rest on the top of a small hill, and just a few miles from Levis Mound.  Today, I had been laying out some new trails at Levis, was soaked, tired and thought a quiet minute here would be good.  I had my 10-22mm lens along and thought such a wide angle might be interesting.  Not sure I really like the photos, but thought they'd be interesting to post anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-The Year in Pictures

 The year in pictures or my favorite ones of the year.  A yearly disclaimer, these are my favorites blended with ones I feel are good images...