Monday, March 14, 2011

Alex Wilson Band at Sand Creek

I "hired" myself to shoot the Alex Wilson Band a while ago-just for fun.  They were playing at the Sand Creek Brewery for an annual party-it's amazing a band this good can be seen in such a small venue in such a small town, but I'll take it.  They really are terrific and I try to catch them whenever they venture into northern or central Wisconsin.  Amazing blues and musicianship and I just love their performances.  Music is in their roots and souls.....  Shooting a band is especially fun, so when I found out they were coming to town, I asked if they'd mind me photographing them.  So the lighting isn't great in a brewery-that's not what it's set up to be-it's not a stage, it's pallets for it's a brewery for beers sake!  But, there are some lights and it's fun to have a mash tun and brew kettle for a backdrop.  The expressions the Blues bring out can be seen in their faces and how they play-Alex is especially fun to watch on his guitar, my daughter calls it "squishy face" when he really gets lost on a song.  I just want to thank the Alex and the Band for letting me capture some of feeling and expression of the gig.  (I don't know if I'm really hip enough to use that phrase).-I hope these reflect that feeling well.

http://www.alexwilsonband.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-The Year in Pictures

 The year in pictures or my favorite ones of the year.  A yearly disclaimer, these are my favorites blended with ones I feel are good images...