Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Year in Pictures (2019)

BRSF, North Settlement Road, heading to the "Office"

So this post is WAY overdue.  When I've done a YIP, it's usually in December, but since my absence from the blog, I never got around to completing it except for pulling some images into a folder.  As in the past-these are some of my favorites. Some hold up as good photographs, some as a reminder of a good time or place.  Little matter, these just represent why I love photography.




Red oak Captured. Trow Drain, BRSF

I have been servicing Snapshot Wisconsin cameras since my Ho-Chunk wildlife technician days in 2015. Over the years, I went from working 20-30 cameras down to just 3 personal ones now.  One of my original sites, ELKBR 178, is part of the elk grid and buried deep back in the forest.  It's always been my favorite as it's captured just about every species we have....except an elk.  Last winter, we had little snow, so it lead me to explore another route to the camera.  We had lots of ice, so the lab and I ventured down a mile or 2 of ice on old 1930's era drainage ditches.  We made it safely in and back and was a unique perspective of how diverse this state land is.



Trey; Sweaty Yeti Fan

Lake Michigan, Jacksonport WI

BRSF, Brockway Road

Dike 17 Wildlife Area, BRSF, Upper 17 Flowage. 

The Dike 17 wildlife areas is one of my favorite places to work on the job.  Not always glamorous wildlife work mind you (tearing out beaver clogged tubes in mid-July) but still, it's always beautiful and something is always happening there. Waterfowl, wolves, bear, elk and other fun wildlife.


Coldwater Canyon, Wisconsin Dells

Paddling the Dells was one of the most unique experiences I've had.  Coldwater Canyon took my breath away.  So unique, so quiet.  The paddle to get here is a bit harrowing through the "Narrows" as tour boats passing make for sketching kayaking (yes, I was a bit scared).  Hard to believe the entire Wisconsin River squeezes down to a narrow passage just in view at the entrance to this side water.


Bobcat Track,Clark County Forest

"Wind Lake" Lehr North Dakota

North Dakota has a special beauty and I always love being there-worth the time and effort.  The prairie has a special place in my soul.  Harsh, unforgiving and insanely beautiful at times.  Ice covered most of this on the late October morning.  Hunting stools would have to be recruited to bust it for dogs and decoys and ducks.


Hammer Down Inn with Grant and corndog

Wind Lake, Lehr North Dakota. Morning Ice

Wazee County Park, Jackson County elk

Reed Farm, Clark County Wisconsin at -5

Mara. Town of Hewett Wisconsin

BRSF, Morrison Creek at Oxbo

Fatbiking the Sweaty Yeti

Calf Search success with Meghan

Jackson County Forest, Potters Flowage

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-The Year in Pictures

 The year in pictures or my favorite ones of the year.  A yearly disclaimer, these are my favorites blended with ones I feel are good images...